Getting certified as a resource parent might be simpler than you might expect. Families come in numerous shapes and sizes. Regardless of whether you have kids of your own, are single or are in a relationship, the most significant measures you should meet is to have the longing and inspiration to be a positive, stable impact in the life of a kid.
At Children First Foster Family Agency, we are always searching for families who will meet a child where they’re at and support them. Families who will accept the kid as they are and help them flourish and grow into a capable individual with the strength and certainty to use sound judgment.
- Fill out a Foster Parent Inquiry Sheet.
- Sign up for and attend a 30 minute informational-overview meeting in your home region to receive basic information about becoming a foster parent with our agency.
- Complete a written application, fingerprinting, and Home Study.
- Attend a two-hour orientation meeting where you will have the opportunity to review Policy & Procedures, ask questions, and meet others who are also beginning the journey of foster parenting.
- At this point you will become Certified!
- Receive your first placement!
Documents to process an application may include:
- Verification of income
- Drivers License
- Vehicle registration and proof of insurance
- Home owner or renters insurance
- Live Scan fingerprinting
- Health exam
- TB Test