Becoming a foster parent may be easier than you think. Families come in many shapes and sizes. Whether or not you have children of your own, are married or single, the most important criteria you must meet is to possess the desire and motivation to become a positive, stable influence in the life of a child. At Children First we are looking for families who will accept a child, just as they are. Families who will support the child as they heal and become a healthy, responsible individual with the resilience and confidence to make good decisions.
- Fill out a Foster Parent Inquiry Sheet.
- Sign up for and attend a 30 minute informational-overview meeting in your home region to receive basic information about becoming a foster parent with our agency.
- Complete a written application, fingerprinting, and Home Study.
- Attend a two-hour orientation meeting where you will have the opportunity to review Policy & Procedures, ask questions, and meet others who are also beginning the journey of foster parenting.
- At this point you will become Certified!
- Receive your first placement!
Documents to process an application may include:
- Verification of income
- Drivers License
- Vehicle registration and proof of insurance
- Home owner or renters insurance
- Live Scan fingerprinting
- Health exam
- TB Test