To be a foster parent you must:
- Be willing to work as part of a team with the Children First Foster Family Agency Social Workers and staff toward achieving the best results for the children placed in your home.
- Be at least 21 years of age and have a stable lifestyle.
- Be healthy enough and physically able to care for the needs of a child.
- Have enough time to devote to the success of the children living in your home.
- Have a stable income that is adequate to support your existing family.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Have a home that is maintained in a condition to ensure the health and safety of children.
- Have spouses or live-in partners that are also committed to fostering children.
- Be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States
- Must have adequate space and a bedroom available for the foster child. (May be shared with another child)
In addition, a foster family:
- May be married, single, or living with a partner
- May or may not be a parent
- May be with or without children
- May rent or own residence
- Include diverse economic status and family composition
- May be of any religion, race, ethnicity or cultural background
Contact UsApply Now